Wednesday, October 29, 2014

[Beauty] L’Oréal Paris Extraordinary Oil

Hi Pretties~

Today i wanna share my currently top favourite hair care product L’Oréal Paris Extraordinary Oil.

I bought the red colour cap (for coloured hair) at RM 39.90 for 100ml. You can get this easily at any drugstore (Watsons, Caring, Guardian). The gold colour is for all type of hair. 


This oil has been selected as winner in beautyheaven Best in Beauty award 2013. 
As mentioned in the main web, it is really the perfect companion for ULTIMATE hair care, style and protectionInspired by the extraordinary power of 6 rare flower oils which are:

1. LOTUS OIL gives an intense nutrition
2. CAMOMILE OIL boosts shine and radiance
3. TIARE FLOWER OIL protects from dryness
4. MATRICARIA OIL -softens and relaxes hair texture
5. ROSE OIL protects from external aggressors
6. FLAX OIL intensely hydrates



I was introduced by a sales promoter when i was looking for hair product to protect my just coloured red hair. I was bit surprise that she said the product is use before shampoo and when i read the usage on the bottle, it really did mentioned that. I was thinking why i need to apply oil when i was going to shampoo it off. Waste of my money ah? 

Actually this oil can also be use after shampoo. So i bought it to use it after shampoo before blow drying. I have a very thick and coarse hair and my hair cannot be easily dry naturally (need takes half day!). So I must use hair dryer to dry my hair every time. I know blow drying quite harsh but i can't let my hair dry naturally coz I will have headache. Fortunately i found this product! Its making my hair feel protected.o(〃^▽^〃)o

After doing some research, I just realised that this is really a very worth trying product because 1 bottle of oil can be used for multipurpose. They claim this as 1001 secrets extraordinary oil!! 1001 ways of using the oil?!! No wonder they named it as EXTRAordinary. Following are the secret shown in their website,but i was wondering where are the remaining list, please do tell me if you know ya, so I can further explore the usage of this oilε:

As a daily nourishing care
Apply a few drops on your hair daily, focusing on the lengths of the hair to intensively nourish and tame frizz.

As a nourishing mask
Apply a few drops on your hair 10 minutes before shampooing to smooth the fibre and restore your hair’s texture.

To protect before colouring
The day before colouring, prepare your hair by applying a few drops. You hair is deeply nourished, ready to be coloured without fear of having dry hair.

As a night treatment to recharge hair
Apply generously to dry hair and leave overnight for deep nourishment. Use a shower cap to boost the effect.

Protect your hair from heat
Protect your hair against heat damage and heat tools by coating it with oil before blow drying and styling.

Protect your hair from the pool
Apply few drops on your hair before swimming to protect from chlorine and dryness.

Protects your hair from humidity
Apply a few drops on your hair to tame frizz caused by humitidy in hot temperatures. Oil keeps water out of the cuticle to make hair smooth and soft.

Illuminates your hair
Apply a few drops to bring shine and suppleness to your strands.

Anti-frizz smoothing
Apply a few drops on wet hair and detangle with a wide toothed comb.

Helps create the perfect wavy look
Apply a few drops on damp hair, braid hair and leave overnight or until hair is dry. Untie the braid and hair is perfectly wavy! Finish by adding a few drops to control frizz and add shine.

Curl definition
Apply a few drops on your hair, then place it in a towel and squeeze gently without rubbing. Your curls will be more defined and nourished.

Really surprise that this oil really got many purposes and will wonder is it real? Also know why it is used before shampoo, apparently use as a hair mask. But this not suitable for me, coz I'm a very LAZY girl, i prefer to do mask after shampooing.

My usage
My another useful way of using this oil is before swimming. I love swimming but I HATE myself ends up covered with chlorine after swimming. Although shampoo (normal shampoo) twice also can't clear the chlorine off. This oil able to protect my hair from bad bad chlorine while giving my hair nutrient. After using this oil, I can really feel that my hair is much smoother after wash although I still need to wash twice. However, it is not tat effective if you stay in pool for longer period of time. BUT still, better to protect than NONE right??

As mentioned earlier, I use this oil before blow drying my hair. Trust me, you can definitely feel the different between use and not use (i might forgot to use it sometime hehe.. ). My hair is so soft, smooth and manageable after I use it. I love to touch and comb my hair with fingers after each time I use this oil.

Ohya! You don't worry that this oil give your hair very oily feel or look!! Coz you won't feel any greasiness at all!!! Very 'geng' right?

UV filter - another benefits with attract me and suitable to every Malaysian girls who facing 365 days 'summer' season with TOO enough amount of Vit D and UV from sun per day !!! Don't think that if you hide indoor or working indoor like office won't face the 'sun problem'. The lights also will emit UV rays!!! ヽ ( ꒪д꒪ )ノ  UV rays will cause your precious hair turning BROWN and unhealthy. With this oil, it helps to protect your hair from those harmful rays. 

To use this oil, apply 1-3 pump (depends thickness and length of your hair) to you palm. Then rub between your palms until you feel some heat (think will help the oil easily absorb into your hair) then apply to your hair. Apply more at the ends of your hair as that part is the oldest amount your hair and need the most protection.To your surprise, your hand is not oily at all! 

The smell of this extraordinary oil is not strong. They have a quite nice scent which I prefer. The scent makes you feel calm and relax. That is why it can become night hair mask. 

Overall, I give this super multipurpose oil  
If you wish to protect your hair. You can consider this quite affordable oil.





Disclaimer: This product reviewed is bought from my own pocket money, did not mean to advertise it. Good things should share share right? ^^  However, the product reviewed is based on my personal experience and thought, so it may be works for me but may or may not for you.